Yes the obligatory 1st post of my blog.
Definitely a work in progress as I learn how to use Word Press, Photoshop and all sorts of other lovely knickknacks.
My last venture into the land of the interweb was back in the days when frames were the popular thing to do, and there weren’t any fandangled programs to do your html coding. At the risk of sounding like a hipster, I was best described as a purist who really enjoyed html coding! (Albeit a purist who abandoned her dream of designing websites).
My earliest memories of what websites look like is best reflected in a website that can only be described as, the website that time forgot.
I am eternally grateful that the internet has improved since then, and can only hope that one day I can look back on this site with similar retro chuckles to what I experience when I show people the Space Jam website.
As I start to find my “blog tone” I will be experimenting with the content of my posts. For the large part you can look forward to seeing my home-based food experiments, my obsession with
stalking finding great food in Melbourne that tastes great, the occasional retail experience, and exploring my new hobbies (collecting vinyl’s and taking a cake decorating class).
A few things:
1. I am not a chef. I am an experimental and instinctive, self-taught cook who has learnt to invent and convert recipes over the years to suit my dietary requirements.
2. No fine dining or degustation menus for me. I like food that isn’t overly pretentious. We eat with our eyes, but my taste buds and my wallet would like to enjoy the experience as well.
3. I am always looking for fun, and flavourful, vegetarian friendly food.
4. Places that have the stock standard vegetarian risotto/cannelloni/lasagna are a massive turn-off, and I try to avoid.
5. Photos seen on this site will not be professional in any way, shape, or form. They will be taken on my phone until I get into things a bit further. If you want to buy me a digital SLR, then I would be happy to oblige with higher quality photos. Until then, I am a rank amateur.
If you have your own blog that you would like me to link to, please leave a comment and I will happily consider doing a link exchange.